Wednesday, August 18, 2010

With Heavy Heart

I'm typically not a bummer in my Musings, but today I will be.  A few weeks ago, I decided to help my friend, Mr. C., tackle the refurbishing of an old Victorian house here in Denver.  I tried to be upbeat and funny and will continue this approach in the future.  My Unhandy Man Chronicles, however, took an unfortunate detour.  Rick Carroll, aka Mr. C., passed away suddenly.  Doctors had found a tumor on his jawbone and neck about two years ago and he had undergone extensive surgeries, chemotherapy and radiation.  He still worked harder than anyone I have ever been privileged to know.  He would not stop "being productive", even though constant pain and treatments left him weakened.  He was a great chef, loved music, books, movies, camping, fishing, was way too intelligent and was one great surveyor.  We even went to Primus  this past Thursday at The Rocks, one of countless shows we enjoyed together. I have known this man for over 25 years.  He has left behind his wife Wendy, son Anthony and daughter Lexi.  We all pray for their strength during this difficult time.  We will celebrate his life, as he would want us to: party.  His spirit and heart will be with me and everyone he had known.  Peace.  Love.  Hope.  Rick, my friend, you will be sorely missed.

RICK CARROLL  (B) 12/25/63  (D) 8/17/10
                                                                

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the loss of a close friend.

    Prayers for Rick and his family!!

    JCK

    ReplyDelete
  2. R.I.P. to the hardest working, most passionate man I ever met. He will be missed by those of us who had the great fortune of working with, and being friends with him.

    ReplyDelete